Monday, August 30, 2021

My mother

 Things that prove I’m not my mother:

  • I don’t try to control my kids’ every move. 
  • I would survive just fine if my husband left. 
  • I’m not forcing having more kids when what I already have is overwhelming. 
  • I am willing to be on antidepressants. 
  • I work a full time job and pay my own bills
  • When I want to lay in bed for days on end, I only do it for a couple days max and only when I can. 
  • I can admit fault and apologize. 
  • I don’t blame other people for my feelings. 
  • My education. 
  • I can make myself go out. 
  • I go to the doctor. 
  • I’m not scared to drive. 
  • I don’t just rely on God to fix things I can fix. 
Things that make me like her:
  • Codependent tendencies.
  • Struggling to leave the house sometimes. 
  • Being overweight/eating disorders. 
  • A piece of exercise equipment collecting dust.
  • Yelling when I’m pushed too far.
  • Depression. 
  • Letting people abuse me. 
  • Being anxious. 
I’d say these are all things I’m working on, though, and she never did… I hate my fucking life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment