
Today was... Liveable. Not bad, not good... Just do-able.
It had its ups and downs, and at one point I almost said "Fuck it!" because I want some real food VERY badly. Work was a bit hard on me at one point... Working in a restaurant is a fasting girl's nightmare... I was about 10 seconds away from binging on celery sticks at one point today.
BUT I stopped myself, and I have no plans of caving... I REALLY want to do all 5 days WITHOUT cheating. I want to feel accomplished. I honestly feel great about my fast. I know it's only been 2 days, but I've made a LOT of changes that I plan to stick to for the entire 5 days... I have not eaten any junk, have not binged or purged, and have not taken ANY drugs, except an antacid yesterday.
I unfortunately didn't manage to get to the gym today because I stayed at work late AGAIN today. Plus my muscles are SO sore from my workout yesterday, I decided to take one day off out of 5.
I feel alive again. Emotionally I feel better than I've felt in months. After only 2 days. Because I KNOW I can do this. And I know I will physically feel better. I already do.
Tomorrow I have to work and then I'll be off to the gymmm. Then I have a going away party for a past co-worker who just so happens to be friends with my current co-workers... So basically every person I know in this town will be going out, and I HAVE to go. I will NOT be eating, however, and I will ONLY be drinking tonic water and lime... Disguised as a drink. Ha ha!
Thursday I plan to sleep in, work out, and drive a couple hours away to get a haircut... I've been needing one for weeks now, and I'm ready for it! Plus I don't think I should be home alone during a fast day... I think it will be too much of a test of willpower.
Well, I'm off to cuddle with the hubby and drink some water.
Thanks for always reading, ladies. Think thin!
Oooh tonic water and lime! I may have to steal this idea the next time I go out for drinks. ;o) ... Although I'm sorta known for drinking beer. I wish there was some sort of 0 calorie beer out there! But it would probably taste like dirt.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, nice job with the juice-fast! You're already doing WAAAAY better than I ever could.
I know what you mean about bingeing on celery sticks. My boyfriend made shells & cheese and had chicken strips right in front of me, WHILE reading pizza ads out loud (don't ask me why), and it was all I could do not to eat something. But I stuck with it, and now I'm glad I did. It's weird how I keep almost saying "fuck it," but every few minutes more that I last, I want to make it to day 5.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad we're both being strong! We will be so accomplished and feel amazing about ourselves when this is done!
The tonic water and lime is a good idea! I might have to use that one Friday, myself.
I'm getting a haircut Friday, and you're getting one Thursday. That's funny. Our weeks are too similar!
youre doing great! its so hard to no cheat, even for a couple days. I applaud your consistency! :)
ReplyDeleteAlthough, celery is negative calories, so its like the one thing you CAN binge on and not have it affect you :) keep up the good work! Just think how proud you'll be when you make it through this fast!
You are like, my hero! I know I could never do it. And hanging out with so many and not eating...you are strong. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete