Saturday, August 15, 2015

No rest for the wicked

"A good student is one who sets out to disprove everything they hear and not just remember it."

"The difference between how guys fuck and how girls fuck is simple: guys work hard for it. They're aggressive and work hard while women are lazy and passive. Guys fuck you. Girls make love to you. Maybe it's just the difference being impregnated and desperately wanting to spread your seed. Biological." 

My brain will. Not. Fucking. Shut. Off.  

Hello, again 4am. (My Freudian typing first read "Help.") Hello, insomnia and hunger pangs.

I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead and my creative juices have stopped flowing. I've been here before. For endless, sleepless years of my life. I don't ever understand why, though: why sleep leaves me for seemingly endless stretches of time or where it decides to go. I will assume it's return, only to be fooled night after night.It vacates my head and body and forces it to work overtime. The work gets sloppy fast... I need to find ways to trick my brain into allowing slumber to sneak into its dusty little corners. Roll in like the fog, sweet sleep. And please don't punish me with nightmares for tricking you inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment