Monday, September 19, 2011

Fast and body broken


I should have been scared to eat.

I ended my fast, and it has been a nightmare... I could not poop for days. Finally yesterday morning I was so sick of it I did every trick in the book.

I had two laxatives, 4 fiber pills, fiber cereal, coffee, and a juice drink. Then FINALLY I had a BM, but it wasn't anything too helpful.

I don't know what I did wrong.

I guess after 5 days of easy flowing, my body was not ready for other foods, and I should have eaten only RAW fruits and veggies and REALLY watched every bite I put into my mouth.

I have also been retaining water like a mofo. I know it's because for 5 days I had NO sodium whatsoever. Then when I stopped my fast and had minor amounts, my body wasn't used to it, and POW! Major bloat.

According to my scale, I weigh the same as I did before my fucking fast already in two days. I know it's waste and bloat, but it makes me feel awful looking at it. My stomach looks huge and even though I've been drinking tons of water, I can't seem to get back to normal.

SO, lesson learned.

I WILL be fasting again. I enjoyed it and my body responded really well to it.

Only in the future, I will be taking it slower. I will not shock my body afterward like this, and I will give it time to recuperate. And I may rethink the liquid choices... I think if I had thrown in some chicken broth I would have been better off.

Today's planned eats:
B: Water. Tons of it.
L: Yogurt and fruit.
D: Chicken and veggies.

Everything prepared as plainly as possible!

My goal over the NEXT 5 days is just to get back to fucking normal.

Think thin ladies.

4 comments:

  1. I had the same problem when I was just doing 1 day fasts. I would lose a pound or more in 1 day of juice fasting and the next day it was back or more, because of the food I ate. I never thought about the sodium, because I don't eat it too much anyway, but carbs are like little sponges and hold water too, so I really started to watch that and it helped.
    At least now you know, and if it's mostly water, you'll get rid of it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there through the bloat and constipation. Hopefully, once you settle out you will see a loss. I'm not pooping or peeing either...sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the same problem at the moment with the bloating. I hate it.
    I'm not pooping naturally either. though I've not done that in around 2 months lol. Wow that makes me realise I use laxatives too much. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks! When I broke my fast, I found that my digestive system was actually working better than before I started the fast.

    "Normal" is a good goal. But I want to do another fast again soon, too. It was really enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete