Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day one juice fast


Day one of my juice fast was a SUCCESS!

I EVEN managed a full day at work and didn't deviate away from my fast, though it was hard... Today I will be more prepared because yesterday was difficult. I had a juice on the way to work at 10am, and trust me... By 4:30pm on my way to the gym, I was fuuucking starving. I swung into the grocery store to get another one, and it was all I could do to avoid buying binge food. I didn't think I would be at work all day, only until around 2, and those last couple hours about killed me...

But I drank my happy little juice and went off to the gym where I burned over 400 cals and then stopped by the store and picked up a full week's worth of juice.


Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I took my measurements yesterday and weighed in, and at the end of 5 days I'll share the before and after... Physically I'm not struggling, but mentally... It's only hard because I'm not putting ANYTHING else into my body, even things that I usually let myself eat. The juices actually fill me up though, and give me a major blood sugar boost.

After my 5 day juice fast I'm going to have a 3-4 day fruit/veggie/beans/nuts only diet and then slowly add back in meat and whole grains.

I honestly feel amazing this morning... But last night I DID have some crazy ass dreams and didn't sleep that well... I keep dreaming that I'm eating things that are not juice, and I wake up in a tizzy, and in my groggy, half-asleep state, I think, "Count! What did you eat today!? Remember every bite!"

I do this often actually, but with a fast it seems to be more of an emergency. And my dreams more realistic.

Plus I had a juice kind of late last night, and I had to pee SO many times. I woke up 2 times after I fell asleep and peed about 3 times the hour before I got into bed... Lesson learned.

The scale this morning reads FIVE pounds less that it did yesterday morning. I know it's probably a fluke, but woah-damn. It was a nice number to see. However, until my new scale comes in the mail, I'm wary of the one I own... And once the scale gets here and I test it out, I'll tell you ladies all about it.

Well, got to run. If anyone is interested in joining myself and Skeleton Strong on our juice fast at ANY point, please do! Or if you want to simply try out the fruit/veggie/beans/nuts fast, I'll be starting that on Saturday.

Think thin, ladies!

3 comments:

  1. So inspiring. Keep up what you've got going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby would have a fit if I did a juice fast...as if I have the will power to do it anyways. Good job. Five pounds is crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to stick with soup, couscous, veggies and things when I come off the fast I hate to say it, but I'm so excited about being able to eat! I think I will appreciate the small bits I do allow myself even more, and not feel the need to stuff myself, when these 5 days are up.

    My weight went down 2 pounds from yesterday to today. Woohoo!

    Hope you do well today! It's so hard. But it's already after 2 p.m. here, so I might as well hold out again until tomorrow, right? Yes! haha.

    ReplyDelete