Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 4 juice fast and new scale


My new scale arrived todayyyy!

And it's good. Really good, actually. I weighed myself about a thousand times in different rooms and it gave me a very consistent reading. Then I peed and did the same thing and it was less by .4 of a pound! Ha ha!

The only bad thing is that compared to my current scale, I would estimate about a 4-5 pound difference...

Which to me is a big fucking difference... I think my old scale is too nice to me. After some mind-boggling algebra, I figured out that this new scale is a LOT closer to the scale I encountered over the weekend... Which was a big old-fashioned doctor's type scale.

SO, even though my blissful little weight bubble has been popped because of that fucking thing, I'm glad I stepped on it. Not only because it prompted my 5 day fast which as been AMAZING, but also it prompted me to buy a new scale. And I KNOW getting a consistent number when weighing in will motivate me more... I can't fudge this one... This puppy is brutally honest.

Regardless of the scale used, I lost a significant amount of weight this week while juice fasting. The difference this morning compared to a week ago was staggering. I'm not going to reveal the exact numbers yet, but I will on Saturday morning.

In other news... Last night was such an emotional roller-coaster going out.

The hubby didn't really want to go (as usual) but he did. We all sat outside and I pretended to have a vodka tonic (only hold the vodka) while everyone else drank beer... It was nice enough, but it honestly just made me miss having people I truly WANT to hang out with in my life. Like my college friends. And mountain friends.

Then to top it all off, I was smelling everyone's food ALL NIGHT LONG. AND they wanted to sit on the patio... Sure, cool, whatever. The patio next to a fucking pizza place which was baking up a storm.

If the hubby had not been there, I probably would have caved and ordered at least a salad.

BUT I'm so close to the end now, I don't want to fuck it up.

I want to feel accomplished and thinner at the end of the week.

And I know I will.

Think thin, ladies.

5 comments:

  1. you're a ROCKSTAR. I did a 3 day juice fast a few months ago. it was awesome But long enough!! You're SO my hero right now.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about stepping on a scale one (who am I kidding?!) or two or a million times and getting the same number each time. Good luck on your juice fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are AMAZING. i would never have that kind of willpower! i wish i was as good as you...i think you really inspired a lot of us with this post. im really fucking tired of caving. really fucking tired. my scale sucks real bad, many times a whole pound or more difference. what type of scale is it?! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you didn't cave last night! I thought about eating chili last night . . . I was about to convince myself that it was virtually a liquid. hahaha! And luckily my boyfriend stopped me. He was like, "You can eat whatever you want, but are you sure you want to give in now when you've gone this long?" I was so glad he encouraged me. I guess men are good for something. :P

    ReplyDelete