Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sour puss dinner party

Back down a pound this morning... To 119. I'm determined to lose the rest.

I woke up in a horrid mood today. I slept fine last night, but I had stress-filled dreams ALL evening. The hubby tried to wake me and get me out of bed, but I physically couldn't. This is the first time in my life that I was so overwhelmed by my current life situation that I couldn't make myself get out of bed.

But, I did eventually... I'm TRYING to stay positive, even as my bank account gets lower and lower.

We're going to a dinner party tonight at a friend's house. Lucky me, the theme is Italian. He sent out an e-vite asking everyone to specify what they are going to bring and here is the menu:
Homemade Pizza
Baked Ziti
Garlic Bread
Cupcakes

What. The. Fuck.

I decided to bring an antipasto salad so there would be a fucking VEGETABLE present! I never understood how people can eat garlic bread WITH pasta. Would you like some carbs with your carbs?

I'm honestly not looking forward to it too much... My friend Taylor is a GREAT guy and has been in my life since middle school. Now that we live in the same town, we've become pretty good friends, but I've never met any of HIS friends, just been around our mutual college friends.

SO I have a bit of anxiety.

Not only about meeting his friends (who obviously don't have any issues with eating!) but also about the sheer number of carbs and calories there will be present tonight.

To combat the amount of food I'll be ingesting later, I've only eaten 60 calories today:
B: 2 egg whites with hot sauce - 32 cals
L: Cup sugarfree peaches and a stick of gum - 28 cals

This way, even if I consume a large meal today, I have 440 cals to play around with to stay under 500.

Goals/Rules for this evening:
1.) NO alcohol.
2.) NO sweets.
3.) NO munching on pre-meal snacks.
4.) NO garlic bread.
5.) I must stick to: Antipasto salad, a SMALL piece of pizza without any meat, and a couple bites of this and that.

I have a feeling rule number one may be amended to read: [NO cocktails/beer] IF there is any wine present, as how could I resist?

Wish me luck, ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Gd luck with the party :)
    I luuurve Italian, but yeah, so carby!
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love italian too. Carbs with carbs sounds good but can cause horrible results on the scale. Moderation is the key, as always. You can eat a little bit as long as you don't go overboard. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete