Friday, April 8, 2011

Pollo-pescatarian & buffet night

The scale said I lost half a pound this morning, pre-BM.

Acceptable.

I realized this morning that my loss will probably slow because I came from 123lbs and now I'm at 118.5lbs. The first 5 or 6 pounds always seem to come off within a week and then I slow a bit to 3 or 4 pounds a week.

SO, I just want to maintain this rate!

I feel good about the past few days, and I even told the hubby today that I feel well enough to go back to the gym tomorrow. I KNOW it will be difficult because I haven't exerted a significant amount of energy in a while, but I think my sickness is basically over.

I'm excited o get back to my workouts.

I'm NOT excited, however, about this evening and whatever the fuck I'll have to consume... The boys want to go to a freaking Chinese buffet in town that's supposed to be really amazing. Not really excited

Only coffee so far this morning, and I feel pretty good. I'll probably throw in some egg whites in an hour and some fruit or something a couple hours after that.

Then, the strategy is just like last night... Stick to the rules:
1.) NO alcohol.
2.) NO fried foods.
3.) NO sweets.
4.) NO bread.
5.) NO rice or noodles.

Shouldn't be a problem.

So, in other news, I have a huge aversion to meat lately.

I've never been a vegetarian (though I contemplated it seriously in high school) but I have had certain meats that I didn't eat for years. I was a pollo-pescatarian for several years of my life (someone who only eats poultry and seafood, no red meat or pork, etc.) and I've recently felt like I didn't want to eat certain meats again. I've been avoiding pork like nobody's business for the past couple months, and the other day I had chicken and it honestly grossed me out. Like, I could not force myself to eat it.

CHICKEN... What?

The only reason I have not become a vegetarian in life is because a.) I think it limits food groups too much and b.) I think leads people to eat worse foods like cheese or LOADS of carbs.

Of course I've read "Skinny Bitch," but those women are ridiculously healthy, and I cannot give up certain things... Like Diet Coke. AND to be honest I skipped some of the chapters on meat because I could sense what was coming.

Anyway, I'm rambling... My point is, I don't want to eat meat lately, but I don't know WHY. Why does it suddenly taste disgusting to me? So weird.

Anyway, I need to go drink loads of water in preparation for this evening and the amount of sodium I may consume.

...Freaking buffets...

1 comment:

  1. Eeek I hate going to places like that. Is there a salad bar? I usually stick to veggies and then fruit salad at buffet thingys :P
    Wow, I couldn't live without meat! Fish is nicer though :)
    Stay strong,
    Lottie x

    ReplyDelete